On this version of the JConcepts Friday5 we speak to California staff driver, Lucas Wedsted!
1. How did you get began in RC? Was it racing instantly, or did you bash autos earlier than you came upon in regards to the RC race scene?
My dad and I went to the Hangtown Nationwide motocross occasion after I was about 8 years previous. As we had been strolling across the observe and watching races, we noticed a Traxxas tent. They’d slightly oval observe with children driving Rustlers and Slashes. We each thought it was very cool and determined to purchase a Traxxas Rustler to bash round in our yard. My dad in a while discovered an area RC observe in Sacramento referred to as LSR Speedway. As quickly as we put the automobile on the observe, we’ve been hooked on it ever since.
2. When life interferes and you may’t wheel your RC automobile, how do you quench your thirst for RC? Do you’re employed in your automobile, hearken to a RC podcast, watch some racing movies, learn RC magazines or books, and so on?
Once I’m not on the observe and sitting at residence lacking the observe, I’ll both go on Fb and scroll by way of RC pages or watch livestreams or learn RC posts. Plus my dad does an excellent job about strolling in ever now and again saying “dude I can’t wait to go to the observe this weekend!”
3. What’s one tip you’ve for brand new drivers entering into RC racing that you just want to share?
One nice tip I might give to new folks when seeking to get began in RC is at all times go ask round in regards to the vehicles, the observe, electronics, and absolutely anything. Additionally going into the passion store and asking questions is a good concept.
4. Identify one JConcepts product that you just really feel is neglected by many however you discover it very helpful. It might be a instrument, tread sample, wing, and so on.
A JConcepts product that I really feel is neglected needs to be the Carpet | Astro High-Clearance 7″ Rear Wing. At my native observe not lots of people run it on their vehicles. I’ve examined it and used them at any time when I had the possibility. For me it helped get slightly extra grip out of the automobile and it saved the automobile extra steady.
5. Identify one factor folks may be stunned to learn about you.
One factor folks ought to learn about me is that I see this sport as a approach of getting enjoyable with different folks and household. I began this sport as a household and I nonetheless race with my household and that’s the way it will at all times be. I do know my obligations as a sponsored driver, nevertheless it will at all times be one thing I can do with my dad and my sister.