On this version of the JConcepts Friday5 we discuss to California workforce driver, Derek Stephansen!
1. If you first obtained into RC racing, what professional driver did you look as much as and why? Or possibly there was an area/regional driver that you just adopted?
Across the time of myself moving into RC, I used to be lucky sufficient to have Matt Francis racing in my area. After assembly him he turned somebody I admired for not solely his driving expertise on the time, however willingness to only assist the on a regular basis membership racer.
2. You probably have been racing for awhile, what would you say is the primary expertise development in RC thus far and why?
The transition to lithium polymer batteries and brushless motors I assumed was fairly huge. It made race days a lot easier opened up time to deal with different issues like setup, driving, and different race day duties. Additionally having the ability to have one motor or one battery for the day decreased prices for some.
3. On many indoor dust off-road tracks it looks as if the recent ticket is to run slicks. Do you like barely treaded tires or slicks? And why do you assume issues have moved this manner?
I’m an enormous fan of treads and even pin tires. The extra tread the higher, lol. To be sincere I really feel it’s a mixture of issues extra time. Tracks have developed lately to being extra packed, ready, and together with that each the tires and vehicles have gotten higher.
4. So far what’s your favourite JConcepts product of all time and why?
Favourite JC product thus far can be the F2 body. It’s fashionable, glossy, and handles properly on the observe. It has been a kind of go to physique kinds since seeing photos of the Finnisher physique on the Finland worlds in 2011.
5. You’re clearly extremely expert with regards to RC vehicles, however what’s one talent or hidden expertise that people is likely to be stunned to seek out out about you?
Outdoors of RC, I spend lots of time both working or on the gymnasium. One hidden expertise, nonetheless, can be my ardour for merchandising product in retail. There’s something about creating eye attraction that captures a prospects consideration but in addition seems to be good.