Properly what do we now have right here – it seems Tamiya has dropped a brand new chassis on us – the TD4! There isn’t a lot information on this but apart from a teaser video (extra information approaching the twenty fifth), however watching the video we are able to make a couple of assessments…
1. Going to exit on a limb right here, however I’m going to say that the TD4 means, as a minimum, 4WD. The pin-type entrance tires are additionally a giveaway of the identical factor (for higher grip).
2. 4-wheel impartial suspension can be a shoe-in and just a little Photoshop ‘lightening’ confirmed what seems to be their customary plastic shocks.
3. The rear of the buggy seems to have a bumper-type cage, not your typical ‘motor-guard’, that means the TD4 will most-likely be mid-motor (typical for 4WD rides anyway).
5. It seems to have a full-body fighter-jet-style physique with clear cover and driver determine! The rear wing sits on a pair of rearward mounts, nonetheless the wing does look like fairly small. Hopefully there may be room so as to add bigger wings for extra downforce.
6. Within the remaining ‘facet view’, there seems to be some fascinating see-though areas – both the physique isn’t painted on this video or there are cutouts right here for one thing! Very fascinating!
6. FENDERS! Each the entrance and rear ends of the automobile seem to have half-fenders overlaying the tires, giving the TD4 just a little little bit of a motorbike really feel. Unsure how sturdy they’ll be however I do know I, for one, can be working them!
What We Like:
We love Tamiya merchandise – I imply actually – who doesn’t?? They’re distinctive, enjoyable to construct and enjoyable to drive. Most of their chassis’, although, are a bit lengthy within the tooth (TT01, TT02, and many others), so it’s nice to see them come out with new designations! The TD4 seems to be an awesome launch and we’re trying ahead to getting one, constructing it and heading to the native monitor to see how she handles in a contest atmosphere!
What We’re Not Positive About:
Uh, that this teaser doesn’t give us sufficient information? That it’s not launched but? That we don’t have one but…???
Right here’s the teaser video, in case you haven’t seen it but:
For extra data, please go to: www.tamiyausa.com
When shopping for Professional-Line product immediately on their website, don’t neglect to make use of the code COMPETITIONX to save lots of 10% in your order!
Be sure to go to and subscribe to our YouTube Channel (CompetitionX YouTube) for updated movies on all the present merchandise!
Discover: A few of our articles, movies and descriptions could include affiliate hyperlinks, which signifies that in case you click on on one of many product hyperlinks, we could obtain a small fee. This helps assist the web site and social media channels and permits us to proceed to provide content material. Thanks for the assist!
#tamiya #rccars #competitionx