On this version of the JConcepts Friday5 we speak to Illinois staff driver, Ryan Mcclain!
1. How did you first hear about racing RC automobiles? And what courses did you compete in?
With a MX racing background, I’ve all the time seen guys within the pits with completely different RC automobiles and heard them discuss racing. As soon as I hung the boots up, I wanted one thing to occupy my free time so I began researching off-road RC racing. It’s as near MX racing as you may get and in addition doesn’t harm as a lot once you crash. I began out racing the Stadium Truck class, which rapidly went to four wheel drive Buggy after which all of the nitro courses.
2. Title a RC class that you just wish to see improve in recognition and why?
I would like to see the Stadium Truck class develop once more. Not simply because that’s what I began in, however it has all the time gave the impression to be one of the vital pleasing courses. Everybody comes off the monitor laughing and having time.
3. What’s your largest win so far and why?
My largest race victory is definitely not a win in any respect however two podiums and one other prime ten at AMS two years in the past. That race gave me confidence shifting ahead that I couldn’t solely push more durable, however run with a lot sooner, extra skilled racers. Much more than the arrogance, the quantity of those that had a serving to hand in me ending all my races was an actual eye opener. I’ll always remember everybody that made it doable!
4. Relating to new merchandise launched from JConcepts, what are you most excited to see and why? Is it a brand new physique, new tire, new accent, and so on.?
This might usually be a straightforward reply with being enthusiastic about new tires; we’ve seen some nice ones the previous few years. I’m truly most excited for the brand new truggy bodies to come back out. With being an enormous truggy fan and all of the banter forwards and backwards, seeing a brand new truggy product is superior.
5. You might be clearly extremely expert relating to RC automobiles, however what’s one talent or hidden expertise that folk is likely to be shocked to seek out out about you?
Being that I’m 6’8 it may not be to shocking however I’m very gifted at getting cats out of timber, in addition to getting macaroni off the highest shelf when somebody is in want.