On this version of the JConcepts Friday5 we discuss to Colorado crew driver, Rob Sturghill!
1. While you first bought into RC racing, what professional driver did you look as much as and why? Or possibly there was an area/regional driver that you simply adopted?
In 1984 my subsequent door neighbor was a automotive man, but additionally raced RC automobiles so the hook was in. I began with a Tamiya tremendous champ.
2. When life interferes and you may’t wheel your RC automotive, how do you quench your thirst for RC? Do you’re employed in your automotive, take heed to a RC podcast, watch some racing movies, learn RC magazines or books, and many others?
Now that it’s been 30 plus years, there’s simply not quite a lot of time to RC so I’ve a Traxxas UDR that I punish within the neighborhood.
3. When you have been racing for awhile, what would you say is the primary know-how development in RC up to now AND why?
Know-how for RC racing has superior a lot in racing in all features. Most impactful for my part is brushless motors and LiPo batteries. They’ve eliminated a lot essential work and energy we used to should do peak charging, carrying a number of batteries, and many others.
4. In your opinion, when heading to the monitor what’s the JConcepts product that could be a will need to have on race day and why?
The will need to have JC merchandise on race day, for me it’s the trendy S2 body. I have all of them, however I simply choose the way in which the automotive drives with the S2.
5. Title one factor individuals may be shocked to learn about you.
One thing individuals won’t learn about me, when touring to races I soak within the lodge tub on most important day.