Editor’s be aware: This engine can also be accessible in a non damaged in model which you’ll view with this link.
From ProTek RC:
Adam Drake is a legend – so its no shock that once we determined to supply a pre-run Samurai, we’d benefit from Adam’s “EBIS” engine break in providers. Now, the identical “Oil Bathtub” break in service trusted by Ryan Maifield, Robert Battle, Ty Tessmann, Spencer Rivkin, Mike Truhe, and lots of others is now accessible to you, carried out with the information and precision that has made The Drake a legend in RC racing.
The ProTek R/C Samurai RM Maifield Version “Drake-In” 3-Port .21 Competitors Nitro Engine is Ryan Maifield’s weapon of selection when he steps onto the battlefield. The Maifield Version combines options hand picked by ProTek R/C crew driver Ryan Maifield, with the confirmed race successful efficiency of the ProTek Samurai platform.
The RM Maifield Version incorporates a distinctive backplate with metal insert to cut back friction. This helps to offer elevated connecting rod lifespan, a extra secure idle and better RPM, whereas additionally eliminating the danger of aluminum particles within the engine as a consequence of backplate put on. The RM Version is paired with the confirmed “excessive energy” 21j carburetor and lengthy stroke configuration, making it an amazing choice for big monitor 1/8 nitro buggy and 1/8 nitro truck racing. A low CG 9 fin “RM” cooling head, 3 port sleeve and ceramic rear bearing spherical out the package deal to create a pro-level engine that delivers the ability and efficiency wanted to win, with the reliability required to compete on the highest ranges of competitors.
NOTE: Backplate proven within the seventh photograph is for illustrative functions solely. This half is pre-installed on the engine.
Closing Run In Directions:
- Warmth the engine to 180°F-200°F utilizing the ProTek R/C 12V engine heater (PTK-4050).
- Prime and begin the engine. The carb has been adjusted, however you could must make slight changes relying in your gas, car, climate and elevation. Total the settings might be very shut.
- Tank #1 Let engine idle and warmth saturate for 1-2 minutes. Throughout this time you possibly can fine-tune the idle adjustment and slowly apply the throttle to burn out any extra meeting oil. Begin operating the car on the monitor or parking zone. The engine needs to be crisp on backside to mid, however nonetheless barely wealthy on high finish. On the completion of the primary tank, let the engine cool with the piston at backside lifeless middle.
- Tank #2 & 3 Preheat engine and proceed operating on the monitor. If wanted, you possibly can lean within the Excessive-Velocity Needle one hour. On the completion of the third tank, let the engine cool with the piston at backside lifeless middle.
- Tank #4 Preheat engine and proceed operating on the monitor. At this level you ought to be near race tune with Excessive Velocity Needle barely wealthy to offer correct lubrication. The engine will proceed to enhance and achieve gas mileage the following ½ to full gallon of use. You need to be able to go racing!
- Designed in collaboration with Ryan Maifield
- Metal backplate insert to cut back friction, scale back put on, enhance RPM and provide a extra secure idle
- Superior tunability
- Low CG 9 fin “RM” cooling head
- Aggressive energy band
- Ideally suited for 1/8 buggy & truck purposes
- 6.0mm & 6.5mm round venturis
- Ceramic rear bearing
- ABC piston and 3-port cylinder
- Extremely scorching ProTek P3 turbo glow plug
- Strengthened black-coated crankcase
- Makes use of 21j “Excessive Effectivity” Carburetor
- PTK-2090: ProTek R/C 2090 Tuned Pipe w/Manifold
PTK-2542: ProTek R/C P3 Turbo Glow Plug (Extremely Scorching)
Displacement: 3.49cc / 0.213 cu.in.
Output: 2.68ps/2.64hp/34,000 r.p.m
Sensible RPM Vary: 4,000-42,000 r.p.m.
(1) RM Version “Drake-In” Off-Street .21 Engine w/21j Carburetor
(1) “Gold” P3 Turbo Glow Plug (Extremely Scorching)
(1) Excessive Temp Exhaust Gasket
(1) 6mm “Round” Aluminum Carburetor Restrictor
(1) 6.5mm “Round” Aluminum Carburetor Restrictor
(3) Mud Caps (3mm, 16mm & 17mm)
The submit ProTek RC Samurai “RM” Maifield Edition 3-Port .21 Competition Nitro Engine Broken In by Adam Drake appeared first on RC Car Action.