On this version of the JConcepts Friday5 we speak to Michigan crew driver, Chris Rothwell!
1. While you first obtained into RC racing, what professional driver did you look as much as and why? Or perhaps there was a neighborhood/regional driver that you simply adopted?
I at all times appeared as much as Jason Jakubczyk aka Boatman. I began racing in Kalamazoo, MI at RnL Hobbies and he was the quickest man there with the good paint schemes. He would kick my butt each weekend.
2. On many indoor grime off-road tracks it looks like the recent ticket is to run slicks. Do you favor barely treaded tires or slicks? And why do you suppose issues have moved this fashion?
I want slicks over a ghost tread. I grew up racing on slicks. We had to make use of a dremel to make a set of slicks. Immediately the vehicles are designed for prime traction and the vast majority of tracks are clay. It’s the route the interest has gone in.
3. Out of your expertise what’s the best AND hardest upkeep activity in your RC vehicles?
Upkeep is a large a part of being quick. The extra you place into your vehicles the extra you’re going to get out of them. The simplest activity is cleansing tires. It’s fairly straightforward to wash a set of slicks. The toughest can be a toss up between rebuilding diffs and shocks. I’ve OCD on the subject of each.
4. To this point what’s your favourite JConcepts product of all time and why?
My favourite JC product can be the Combo Thumb Wrench. I at all times have one in my pocket after I hit the observe.
5. Moreover RC vehicles, what different hobbies are you into?
My different interest is driving bikes. I grew up racing grime bikes. Presently I’ve a 2021 Harley Avenue Glide.